Waiter Job Description
A waiter, server or waitron reports directly to the restaurant manager, or restaurant supervisor. When recruiting for restaurant staff, this waiter job description can be used as a guideline.
As a waiter/waitress, the candidate shall be responsible for handling jobs at allotted section, Mis en place, executing work as per restaurant supervisor’s orders, and serving customers and ensuring customer satisfaction as per company’s standards.
Duties and Responsibilities for a Waiter Job:
- Greeting guests as per the time of the day.
- Taking, punching and serving the orders.
- Preparing and settling checks.
- Bussing and resetting tables
- Maintain guest relations and smoothness of the service cycle.
- Organize take away orders efficiently and handle orders for home delivery.
- Do any other related task at the instruction of the supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness in the restaurant.
- Do store pick up whenever necessary.
- Maintain hygiene standards
- Maintain a healthy work atmosphere.
- Other opening, hand over, ongoing and closing duties.
At least two years in an upscale style restaurant as a Captain or a senior waiter. Should have enough exposure into international cuisine and should be well versed with Burgers, Steaks, Pastas,Salads, Desserts, Sandwiches etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills, especially in English.
- Must have good food knowledge
- Must be well groomed with a pleasing personality.
- Must be a team player and also a hard worker.
- Must have good interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to deal well with guests and make them feel at home.
- Must be a smart person with a genuine attitude
- Must be always willing to learn.
- Must have awareness of modern restaurant soft wares and POS systems.Must have the right attitude to the service industry.
Matric Graduate or Diploma in Hotel management preferred.
Our job descriptions are examples only of hospitality jobs