SOUS CHEF JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Sous Chef Job
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Kitchen Department
REPORTING TO:EXECUTIVE CHEF
PURPOSE OF SOUS CHEF JOB: To control preparations, production and presentation of food process within the Hotel
To produce a lunch buffet/ breakfast and Tapas to a four star standard on a daily basis
To compile Ad hoc menus for individual groups when required
To ensure correct storage of all products
To ensure food production areas comply with Hygiene Regulations at all times
To ensure gross profit margins are achieved
To carry out monthly stock take
To attend all communication meetings as necessary
To maintain standards of discipline within food production areas
To adhere to budgeted wage figures for department
To review food prices on a monthly basis to ensure that we are getting the best standard for the most competitive price
To order food in line with the company procedures of completing a purchase order and matching it to a delivery docket ensuring that accounts receive them weekly
To adhere at all times to company and legal policy regarding:
- Health and Safety
- To ensure department cleaning schedules are adhered to at all times
- to maintain adequate staffing levels within the department
- To provide on the job training, development and motivation for all kitchen staff and porters
- Maintain training records
- Maintain Holiday Request Forms
- Ensure all kitchen personnel sign in and out
- Complete calculation of hours for accounts on a weekly basis
- Work in conjunction with the HR department with regards to recruitment and retention of Kitchen personnel
To report accidents.
To carry out any reasonable requests by Management.
- To attend training sessions as necessary.
- To attend all relevant meetings.
- To assist the executive chef and HR Manager with chef Recruitment Agency for placing your chef vacancies in the kitchen