Pastry Chef Job Description
Pastry Chef Job Description
This pasty chef job description serves and a guideline for employers, HR Managers and hospitality recruitment agencies seeking to recruit pastry chefs.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head Chef, and with in the limits of established Hotel policies and procedures, the Pastry Chef or pâtissier oversees all facets of the Hotel pastry section.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates expectations to the Associates through:
- Pre Shift Meetings.
- To direct and maintain performance of the apprentices in the participation of continuous pastry training programs, image and hygiene standards.
- To prepare, present and produce pastry items, following established hotel standards to exceed guest’s needs and expectations.
- To maintain established mis en place levels and product handling to ensure sufficient product is available at all times.
- To report and correct any sub standard product concerns to kitchen management team.
- To ensure daily that all Banqueting Orders are posted and communicated and a production sheet is utilized to maintain optimum efficiency within the department
- To requisition to the Head Chef all daily food purchase requests. This must be completed by 12:00 noon everyday. Inspects all perishable food items received for quality.
- To monitor the daily set up of all buffet pastry items (banqueting & restaurant), in order that consistent displays and standards are achieved.
- To submit and receive internal paper and liquor transfer requisitions.
- Monitors and maintains food products delivered according to the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- To immediately report and rectify any technical deficiencies to maintenance and to kitchen management.
- To ensure the high quality of a la carte dessert.
- Participates in the reviewing and updating restaurant, bar, room service and banquets menus.
- Assists with the developments of the budgets including operational expenditures to provide operating supplies, services and requirements necessary to meet established standards.
- Participates in the weekly, monthly and annual stock taking for all kitchen and kitchen porterage areas.
- Able to create and produce a new dessert menu “a la carte” and” banquet” style every 3 months or according to company standards.
- Able to train all the kitchen and pastry associates with new techniques and recipes on a daily basis or as required.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other associates or guests.
Must possess culinary skills certificate, or equivalent.
- Must possess secondary education or equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) years in a hotel, restaurant style environment Pastry section, with a sound knowledge of all aspects of a classical brigade.
- Knowledge of pastry menu creation and cost calculation
One (1) year successful supervisory experience an asset
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their manager
- This Job Description may be subject to change
I have read and understand my duties and responsibilities as described in the following job description.
NAME (Please Print) DATE