POSITION: Reservations Consultant
LEVEL: Senior & Intermediate
- Tertiary certificate in Travel & Tourism.
- Working knowledge of reservations and booking systems (Wetu, ResRequest and Travelogic) advantageous.
- Personal or educational travel experience.
- 2 nd language an added bonus,
- South Africa residency.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To generate and grow sales whilst maintaining required Sales Turnover and Gross Profit margins,
Excellent agent and direct guest customer service by offering experiential and customised itineraries to meet and exceed agent & guest’s expectations.
To secure, cost and present product to the customer accurately, efficiently, timeously and without error
Matric with maths (at least standard grade) and Computer Literate (Microsoft Office, Email, Internet). Proven English literacy – read, write and speak fluently. Working knowledge of Excel.
REQUIRED MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
6 years (Senior) and 3 years (Intermediates) experience in inbound tourism industry at a senior / intermediate level.
Experience in managing customer relationships and developing & promoting product and services in the inbound travel industry.
Detailed, excellent knowledge of tourism suppliers and product in Southern and East Africa.
- Team worker with the ability to interface effectively with agents, direct clients and peers.
- Passionate & creative in-service offering, dedicated to client and guest satisfaction, proactive self starter willing to go the extra mile and to work within the bounds required by the reservations division.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability toconclude sales ensuring maximum agent and guest satisfaction and business results.
- Organised, methodical, systems-based individualswith good time management skills that are able to work under pressure and within the shift periods designed to service target markets.