Our client is searching for a creative and motivated Sous Chef to join their talented kitchen team. In this position, you will act as the second in command in the kitchen, following and enforcing the Executive Chef’s requirements and guidelines. The ideal candidate is a creative professional who is willing to participate in creating delicious fine dining seasonal menus and meal designs.
Your duties will include recruiting new employees, responding to customer issues, and developing new menu options. You should have excellent communication skills with in-depth knowledge of several cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Manage the kitchen team in the executive chef’s absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Good understanding of MS Office and restaurant software programs.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary range: R12 000 to R15 000 depending on experience.
Email your resume to: email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted
|Job Category||Chef, Hotel|