Hospitality Jobs Africa are looking for a Pastry Sous chef for a luxury wine estate in the Stellenbosch Winelands.
Duties are to prepare a variety if desserts, pastries or other sweet goods. To be innovative, creative, detailed orientated, have an artistic eye and also the ability to lead staff.
Salary: R20 000 – R22 000 (depending on skills and experience), 10% towards benefits.
Candidates must have 5* experience, own transport with valid driver’s license or reliable transport.
• Grade 12 & Culinary Diploma
• Preferably 3-4 years previous experience as a Pastry Sous Chef
• Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
• Passionate about the hospitality industry
• Ability to maintain a professional working relationship with all departments and across cultures and religions
• Comfortable in dealing with very distinguished clientele
• Organizing and leadership skills
• Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
• In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
• Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless, etc)
• Honesty, Flexibility and Accountability
• Friendly & Helpful
• Extreme attention to detail