A stunning VIP Club in Lagos is looking for a creative and highly experienced Executiv Chef for their club house.
Salary is $2000 net plus flights and accommodation.
To start 1 July 2021
- As the Executive Chef, you are responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver excellent
Member and Guest food experience in the Bistro and other areas of the Club. The Executive Chef will also
be required to ensure that all operational, quality, and administrative functions related to the kitchen are
carried out efficiently and effectively. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks
to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and acting to ensure compliance with current legislation as required
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Ensure team members including wait staff have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events,
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all areas of the club house
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands
- Supervise and coordinate activities of the team engaged in food preparation.
- Ensure weekly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Understand employee positions well enough to determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps or worse case, perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Manage financial performance of the department so that all planning is in line with club objectives
- Review staffing levels to ensure that service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Ensure food control systems are adhered to so margins are on target
- Regular review of all menus with CEO, GM and F&B Manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends
- Be environmentally aware
- Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Provides and supports service behaviours that are above and beyond for “customer” satisfaction and retention.