The Executive Head Chef will be primarily responsible for creating innovative cuisine and providing a satisfying culinary experience for 5***** guests.
Salary: Up to R75k CTC (negotiable).
The Head Chef will have the flexibility to set up the team to assist them to operate optimally.
Responsibilities: • Overseeing daily operations of the staff (approx. 30) and kitchen; • Ongoing creation of innovative new menu items; • Motivating, training and educating all kitchen staff; • Considering the needs of the guests in all decisions; • Ordering and purchasing ingredients and maintaining necessary inventory; • Abide by all safety regulations to ensure employee safety and restaurant cleanliness; • Ensuring guest satisfaction and seek feedback on menu items; • Maintaining quality continually of the culinary product; • Administrative duties related to staff and other management matters.
- Grade 12 and a Chef qualification (preferred);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in 5star establishments;
- Experience of running a team of 30+ chefs and 150 seater restaurant
Proven culinary creativity and innovation;
- Strong decision making, organisation & leadership skills;
- Proven background in staff management and ability to recruit, train and motivate staff to ensure a satisfactory experience for all guests;
- Ability to consider the business aspects and cost control when creating new dishes;
- Precision and cleanliness;
- Willing to work long and irregular hours, including weekends and public holidays.