A luxury 5* Lodge Group in Sandton are looking for a great IT Support Engineer.
Requirements for the Role:
- Experience on desktops, laptops, terminals and printers. 5 years – Essential
- Supporting MS Office Applications. 5 years – Essential
- Supporting Windows operating systems. 5 years – Essential
- Supporting users working from Terminal servers. 3 Year – Essential
- Experience on servers – Desirable
- MCP / MCSA / MDAA or similar
- ITIL Foundation – Desirable
- Additional technology related certification is an advantage
- Log all calls via the call management system.
- Assist with IMAC (Install, Move, Add and Change) relating to hardware and software
- To provide technical support for onsite and remote persons via telephone, email and ‘face to face and keep them updated with their logged requests.
- To maintain exceptional service for all support queries.
- Ability to identify a business requirement and provide appropriate technical solutions
- To take ownership of technical problems.
- To be pro-active when dealing with requests and to escalate Back Office problems to the Infrastructure Team
- To escalate Back Office problems to the Infrastructure Team
- To liaise with relevant third parties to resolve technical issues.
- Assist with the purchasing of IT related equipment.
- Deliver on tasks contributing towards project delivery.
- Contribute to delivering an after-hours rotation based standby service.
- Be prepared to travel to remote customer sites (local and abroad) on occasion.
- Management of User Accounts, Mail accounts & Storage recourses
- Deliver support on the wide area network across Africa
- Administer network shares and printers
- Administer network security & permissions
- Ensure effective on-going support for all systems in use. These systems will include, but not be limited to; Operating Systems, Microsoft Office products, security products, business systems like Tourplan and Maximizer.