Busy 4* Hotel in Umhlanga, Durban is seeking to urgently employ a stock controller for the property.
Purpose of Position: Stock Controller will oversee the management, and replacement of goods to ensure maintenance of stock levels together with reporting on COS.
Duties and Responsibility:
-To check all orders issued / received
– Checking the correctness of the delivery documents against stock that is received.
-Maintaining positive relationships with customers.
-Ensuring stock is securely and correctly stored.
-Abiding to the company code of conduct and delivering friendly, efficient service to the customer’s at all times.
– Daily, weekly and monthly stock takes (this may include working on weekends and after hours/Sundays/public holidays)
– Be responsible for managing and running planned stock takes.
– Internal procedure followed by all staff – for internal transfers are recorded accurately and timeously
– To liaise with customer/internal staff regarding shortages or breakages of goods.
– To liaise with customers about pricing and contracts
-Enter PO order onto automated MyInventory system (supplier information, invoicing and pricing). Ensuring MyInventory is kept to date, accurate and maintained.
-Oversee storage of linen/amenities/food and beverage/other
-Reconciliation of stock items for audit purposes/accounting procedures
-Full reporting function of operations (from stock counts to producing COS/variances)
– Providing of invoices to Accounts on a timeously basis
-Develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalizing inventory
– Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
-Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks
– Minimize overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant stock to maximize availability of working capital
-Ensure that goods inward / stock control department is well organized and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business. • Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
-Ensure stock are ready and available for production as and when required.
-Ensure sub contracted processes/invoices are received back and that suppliers are chased to ensure no late delivery situation.
– Provide routine management information on inventory performance i. Monitor and evaluate consumables usage & costs ii. Monitor & evaluate material utilization and wastage
-Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
-Ensure works orders are correct and fully completed and that all stock has been allocated to the job correctly.
-Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system
-Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
-Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
-To assist in other departments/ operations when required.
-Reporting to Financial Manager timeously – with regard to issues on stock related matters.
-Cash count / Parking Duties