Website Hospitality Jobs Africa
Hospitality recruitment agency
Sports Bar Manager – Luxury Hotel Bar Restaurant – in Monrovia, Liberia
We are thrilled to announce a fantastic job opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to become the Sports Bar Manager at a sports bar and restaurant in Monrovia, Liberia for a luxury hotel. We are looking for a skilled Bar Manager who will oversee the day-to-day operations of our bar. In this role, you will be responsible for managing inventory, creating and maintaining schedules, and ensuring that our customers receive the highest level of service. You will also be expected to lead by example and motivate your team to meet and exceed our business goals.
The restaurant is located in Monrovia, the vibrant capital city of Liberia. Situated on Bushrod Island and Cape Mesurado, Monrovia is a city known for its rich history and cultural diversity, making it an exciting place to work and live.
The charming sports bar for a luxury hotel, offers an exceptional dining experience, that offers buggers, pizza, salads, platters, and drinks, despite its small size, it makes a significant impact by providing dine-in and roadside collection.
Bar Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains inventory, Creates drink and food menus.
- Determines employees’ schedules, ensures bar is well-stocked and clean.
- Tracks customer behaviour and sales, maintains budget and monitors costs.
- Maintains drink recipe documentation.
- Oversees planning for special events, appropriately delegates tasks to staff.
- Selects and purchases liquor and other supplies.
- Oversees staff, including bartenders and barbacks, and, in some cases, bouncers, wait staff, and/or kitchen staff as well.
- Hires, trains, promotes, and, when necessary, disciplines or fires staff.
- Selects music, books bands, and provides input on décor and marketing, including social media and other forms of publicity.
- Initiates and maintains vendor relationships.
- Uses point-of-sale tracking technology and bar and restaurant management platforms.
Bar Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Background experience in in a sports bar
- Accomplished mixologist.
- Excellent multitasking ability.
- Problem-solving skills, Interpersonal relationship skills, Attention to detail.
- Strong leadership ability, organizational skills.
- Customer service skills, facility with math.
- Knowledge of food, beverage, and hospitality industries.
- Able to maintain restraint in stressful situations, ability to deescalate tense interactions.
- Comfortable with hospitality and sales technology platforms.
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or Grade 12
- Previous Experience: At least 5 years proven experience in restaurant management
- Associate’s degree or higher in hotel and restaurant management a plus.
- Prior experience working in a bar or restaurant.
- Supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale tracking technology and bar and restaurant management platforms.
To apply for this job, click here.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion, Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.recruit360.co.za.