A busy Hotel in Cape Town CBD is currently seeking an experienced Sous Chef to join their team. If you meet the criteria apply now!
Please send Portfolio with your CV
Assist the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations. This includes the preparation and production of all meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards, team member productivity and performance, as well as the implementation of club policies with regards to cost control procedures to help ensure profitability.
Help create and implement menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and General Manager/Operations Manager, as needed.
Coordinate, monitor and help execute all lodge functions as directed by the Executive Chef and Operations Manager.
Assist in monitoring food production, ordering, quality and consistency on a daily basis.
Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation standards are attained.
Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling
• 2-5 years of culinary education and/or job experience preferred
• Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
• Schedule flexibility preferred
• A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
• Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
• In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
Please send in your CV to [email protected], as well as a recent photo of yourself