Restaurant Manager – Latin American Concept – Bahrain
Be part of an expanding hospitality restaurant group in Bahrain! They are seeking a very dynamic, experienced restaurant manager from a casual dining background with strong managerial skills to manage a diverse international team.
The vibrant restaurant has music at night and very busy trade on the weekends, so you will be kept on your feet!
The tax free package includes flights, medical, accommodation, transport and meal on duty.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Restaurant Management
1. Implements and maintains an excellent sequence of service by all employees of the outlet, especially those that are in contact with guests.
2. Maintain optimal level of sanitary procedures for all food handling and maintain neat and clean food preparation area and ensure compliance to all standards.
3. Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
4. Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
5. Ensures guest complaints are managed well, and that restaurant team members are prepared for such incidents.
6. Participates in budgeting and sales expectation meetings providing feedback and soliciting valuable feedback whilst communicating information to the team.
7. Communicates to the management and back of house relevant parties about guest feedback with regards to restaurant products.
8. Promotes the restaurant brand through all the necessary channels, and proposes ways to reach a wider audience. Ensures brand image is protected.
9. Manages department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
10. Forecasts the requirements of all the necessary items required for the outlet and inventories their purchases.
11. Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
12. Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
13. Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so associates understand expectations and parameters. Ensures associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
14. Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and or managers; continuously strives to improve service performance.
15. Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement; reviews findings with associates to develop appropriate corrective action, shares plans with hotel leadership and ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
16. Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
17. Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
Ideal Education and Experience
● Strong Front of House Management experience is essential, especially in hospitality, F&B and customer service, Hospitality and Management degree is beneficial
● Proven record as a general restaurant manager in a similar establishment in concept
● Restaurant operational procedures and Beverage storage
● Strong Beverage knowledge – wine and spirits.
● Sanitation requirements and food/beverage handling safety standards (HACCP)
● Local Governmental regulations and safety standards
● Excellent knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages
● World cuisine styles, techniques and varieties
● Purchasing, inventory controls, supplies, equipment and its maintenance
● Excellent English skills, Arabic a plus
Ideal Skills and Attributes
● Quick, efficient, organized and meticulous
● Ability to work under pressure and make effective decisions
● Effective at training and communication
● Ability to listen and respond to demanding Guest needs
● A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable
● Problem solving and emotional intelligence
Work Conditions and Physical Demands
● The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions
● Employee must be able to stand and walk throughout an entire shift
● Employee must be able to lift up to 32 kg
You will have to pay for your own medical test before leaving.
To apply please email [email protected] or click on the apply for job button below.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion, Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry