We are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Manager for a rapidly expanding meat business who supplies to both retail and horeca and are mainly sausages, cold cuts , meat cuts
At the moment the staff are 25. We are however recruiting this person to assist and implement the expansion.
Current production is about 1 ton per day which will be scaled to 5 ton per day
Creates production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift summaries.
• Aligns priorities with the direction of the broader organization to meet the demands of needs of the customer
• Reviews processing schedules and production orders to determine staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments. Demonstrates commitment to cost reduction.
• Manages product development and innovation working collaboratively with sales, marketing, supply chain, and more to further our mission.
• Plans and implements plant costing strategies. Tracks different entities to identify plant waste. Analyzes various operational reports and develops strategies to drive out waste and increase efficiency. Responsible for the development of plant costing programs and waste reduction. Ensures correct amounts of materials and ingredients are used based on customer specifications in order to maximize yield. Allocates resources in a cost effective way.
• Responsible for inventory control. Monitors raw inventory including meats and ingredients to identify any discrepancies. Analyzes inventory losses and develops processes to prevent further losses. Take the appropriate steps to ensure inventory and processes are in place to drive down costs.
• Promotes a cooperative and harmonious environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continued improvement. • Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives:
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the person in this position and is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person as to the work of this function nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
• Ensures compliance with internal and external guidelines, including, but not limited to ISO2200 and Food Safety regulations.
• Maintains an environment and culture focused on the safety of the team members.
• Manages an operation that meets or exceeds certification levels of external audit standards.
Education & Work Experience
• Bachelor degree in Business- Food Technology- or related degree is strongly preferred
• Seven years of operations/production management experience required, in a meat processing plant
• General business knowledge in manufacturing, operations, or food processing
• Experience in product development and innovation
• Experience using continuous improvement tools, such as Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing
Skills, and Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of meat processing manufacturing
• Experience with and implementing lean manufacturing practices
• Understand and implement schedules and understand product flow
• Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) to all levels of the organization
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to facilitate and manage change
• Strong quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to constructively challenge ideas and assumptions
• Must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills
• Strong computer skills and experience applying these techniques to analyze and measure productivity
To apply please email [email protected] or click on the apply for job button below.
If you have not heard back from us within 4 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion, Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry