Website Hospitality Jobs Africa
Hospitality recruitment agency
Operations Manager – Sport & Social Club – Clifton/ Camps Bay
Are you a skilled delegator, leader and firm decision maker? Someone who can orchestrate all the instruments into one harmonious symphony all while delivering a client and member experience worthy of the operation and their return business?
If YES (resoundingly) then this challenging yet rewarding role is just for you
Set in Cape Town’s prime beach-front property, role of Operations Manager is to provide operational support to the various committee portfolios through gaining a thorough understanding of requirements, providing a plan for approval and implementing the operations plan for the various aspects of the operation and facilities
The Operations Manager is entirely responsible for the outcome of the various operations plans and the co-ordination of the various portfolios through ownership and co-ordination of the facilities’ calendar which defines a large part of the operational needs of the organisation..
Including but not limited to;
- Calendar allocation of all the events for the season and communication of times, dates and locations to all relevant stakeholders
- assist with team administration
- Planning for hosting of the necessary Cape Town, Western Cape and SA National Events held at Clifton/ Camps Bay x4/year between November and March
- Logistics planning of equipment and watercraft transportation to and from events.
- Provision of an event catering plan for approval to the relevant committee members and execution thereof, (food and beverages purchase, preparation and serving).
- Ensuring that all equipment are in peak condition and ready for competitions. To that end, co-ordinate with the assigned steward regarding stock take of all equipment, meeting with suppliers regarding repairs, sourcing quotes and ensuring in-house repairs are completed correctly.
- Housekeeping and storage management of storage facilities.
- Ensuring that all crafts and vehicles are licensed and in peak operational condition
- Management and housekeeping of duty equipment
- Stock take and replenishment of consumables
- Co-ordination of the course training calendar and arrangement of clubhouse venue for training and examinations by external authorities.
- Provision of a duty catering plan for approval to the relevant committee members and execution thereof, (food and beverages purchase, preparation and serving).
- Submission of hospitality planning, (menus, pricing, presentation) to be submitted for approval with reporting on implementation thereof.
- Management and co-ordination of clubhouse hospitality for competitions, club hire, open days, training and general hospitality with all aspects captured on the operations Calendar.
- Management of all stock purchases, deliveries, suppliers, efficient stock balances and capturing of stock levels on Lightspeed software for bar, event hire and kit.
- Implementation and management of Lightspeed POS protocols
- Co-ordination of event hire of the club, publishing booking dates on Calendar and ensuring strict adherence to hire protocols, times, invoicing and payments.
- Co-ordination of housekeeping staff and volunteers to provide commercial services of general hospitality
- Management of shift list for volunteer and casual staff.
- Management of facility housekeeping
- Sourcing of reliable and cost effective suppliers.
- Hosting and attendance at monthly committee meetings.
- Updating and maintaining the Assets Register and ensuring that the insurance of assets is appropriate.
- Supervision of staff and suppliers to ensure correct execution of all maintenance
Reports are to be uniformly formatted and coordinated, some weekly some monthly to be discussed
The role requires the candidate to be available all weekends and public holidays during season.
Job-Related Skills & Education :
- Qualification in Hospitality
- 5+ years’ post graduate experience
- Proficient in MS Office with proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience in facilities management
- Between 30 – 55 years of age
- English speaking
Core Technical Skills :
- Problem solving techniques
- Able to work well independently and in a team
- Able to manage various tasks simultaneously, being excellent at efficient prioritising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Customer service
- Lateral thinking
- Conflict resolution skills
To apply for this job, click here.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion, Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.recruit360.co.za.