National Retail Operations Manager – General ManagerTechnical Support Services – High-Tech
International high-tech computer and gadget company is embarking on a substantial expansion of its customer service and support operations, which covers product repairs, spare parts and technical service centre operations.
The key focus of the role is on customer experience, systems and processes, supply chain and reverse logistics management. The role includes management and ongoing improvement of customer experience and interactions throughout the value chain, with specific focus on group and third party service locations. It includes full management of all service SLAs.
The role requires management and/or interface with multiple national and regional service centres as well as management of vendor processes.
The successful candidate will take full responsibility for both the group’s service and support operations and for ensuring a world class customer experience in relation to all aspects relating to the technical service offerings to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Tertiary degree Industrial Engineering with reverse supply chain logistics
- Minimum 15 years work experience
- The ideal candidate will have a strong Operations and/or Engineering background
- Proven track record of managing complex operations at an senior level where customer service is a key priority
- The ideal background is in retail or other operations – multiple location environment and/or complex supply chain.
- Experience in an environment with complexity is essential
- Substantial experience in management of best of breed supply chain and logistics environment with deep knowledge of systems and process design and implementation.
- Technical experience/knowledge is NOT a pre-requisite
- Sound experience and willingness to deal with customers and provide exceptional service
- Ability to take a strategic approach to planning and focus on the bigger picture of customer service excellence, with proven success track record as well as ability to focus on an operational level.
- Financial acumen and an ability to read financial documents
- Experience of negotiating with and managing client and supplier relationships, both in an internal or external context
- A confident manner, with an ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing – and to tailor communications to different end-users and their needs
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience and capability in building high performance teams
- Proficiency and self-sufficiency in the use of information technology and software packages
- A self-starter with a positive attitude, strong self-motivation and excellent time management skills
- Ability to apply logic and a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
To apply for National Retail Operations Manager send CV and recent photo