Luxury Tour Operator – Sourcing / Product Manager
Seeking an in-house sourcing product manager for 3rd party suppliers for a 5* international lodge group.
Looking for a creative, committed, self-motivated, out-put and deadline driven, proactive, experienced manager with exceptional management, negotiation, problem-solving and mentoring skills is needed to join the team.
Build, manage, support, mentor and train a strong motivated and deadline driven Product team that delivers without fail which may be geographically dispersed.
- Ensure the team works closely with all the departments
- Ensure the team produce a consistent high level of service and product across the board
- Manage all human resources aspects of the team – appraisals, leave, counselling etc.
- Setting, management and achievement of Key Performance Indictors for the team as per company goals
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the intricate operations, running and management of a large Destination Management Company (Tour Operator).
- In-depth knowledge of the following destinations – South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Seychelles, Mauritius and Madagascar
- In-depth understanding of rates, commission structures
- In-depth understanding of the travel industry, competitors
- Good knowledge of Tourplan and computer literacy is essential
Rate and supplier negotiations:
- Ensure that all rate negotiations proceed to procure better rates to increase turnover, margins and competitiveness
- Ensure negotiation of special offers, value ads
- Manage and procure from suppliers incentives and kickbacks in line with the rate strategy to ensure additional revenue
- Ensure we have the best rates relative to the amount of business provide our suppliers
- Ensure that relevant negotiations take into consideration and minimise the potential risks as a result of contracting with 3rd parties
- Ensure we have all the relevant and updated “In the Know” information on our approved suppliers at all times
- Ensure the negotiating of all third party associations with the company such as vehicle transfer rates, regional charter flights, additional activities etc.
- Drive suppliers to increase content rating percentages on Wetu and engage to get paid listings Sourcing new product
- Continuously drive the finding and development of compelling new product, experiences and packages Proactively and continuously stay updated on product in all regions
- Maintain good relationships with product owners – approved or not
- Travel to stay in touch with product and region
TO APPLY SEND CV AND RECENT PHOTO