Website Hospitality Jobs Africa
Hospitality recruitment agency
Lodge Manager / Management Couple – Reserve – Somali Peninsula, East Africa
Settle in for a fun read on the opportunity of a lifetime
NEW OPPORTUNITY – Lodge Manager or Couple
The manager will be at the head of a very beautiful lodge in the Horn of Africa
A true conductor, the manager will have to organize all the daily activities and fulfill various missions: team management, the definition of the reception policy, small accounting, and inventory management. This position requires total availability to supervise all aspects of the life of the establishment, on a daily basis but also in the long term. The days are therefore long, punctuated by missions of various kinds dictated by the needs of the moment.
Start date of the employment contract: As soon as possible
Main duties of the position
• Ensure the good organization and quality of the services related to accommodation, with great attention to detail;
• Ability to solve problems and take decisions;
• Good editorial quality to communicate with customers as needed: welcoming them to the establishment, handling complaints, finding solutions to problems, requesting reservations, etc…;
• Supervise the work at all levels: kitchen staff, chambermaids, maintenance, etc…;
• Organize the supply and management of stocks, materials, equipment, and supplies.
Knowledge and skills required
• A versatile profile, team manager, having a sense of initiative, priorities and responsibilities;
• Know how to delegate (while controlling) and take decisions;
• Availability at any time;
• Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptation to respond to all situations;
• Have a sense of anticipation;
• Have some general mechanical knowledge if possible: maintenance of buggies, generators and 4×4;
• Person who knows how to ride a horse or train a horse if possible;
• Know how to be patient and listen to staff;
• To be able to speak a little bit of French is highly recommended.
• Salary of Euro 24k TTC for one person or Euro 36k TTC if a couple;
• Local contract with a trial period of 6 months;
• 4×4 vehicle available with gasoline;
• Accommodation, laundry and basic food included;
• Internet and phone package (local call) included;
• Possibility to return to the city on days off when the schedule allows it, a room is available in a house;
• 1 return trip in economy class in the country of origin per year. Possibility of making other trip at your expense if the schedule allows it;
• 1 month paid vacation;
• Very varied missions and interlocutors: no routine;
• A position that offers great autonomy in decision-making;
• A great professional, human and unique experience;
• In contact with animals (horses, ostriches, dogs, goats, cows, chickens, etc.)
Constraints related to the position:
• A large time amplitude, permanent on-call duty;
• Have no phobia of insects and other pests or fear of animals.
• A team of around 10 local staff in charge of the lodge: catering and accommodation service;
• A team of around 15 local staff in charge of the general maintenance of the lodge and the farm;
• A team of 10 local and Ethiopian staff in charge of the marl. This teal is relatively autonomous;
• In town: an accountant/cashier, a secretary, and a person in charge of purchases.
To apply please email [email protected] or click on the apply for job button below.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful on this occasion. Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry