Website Hospitality Jobs Africa
Hospitality recruitment agency
Kitchen Manager – Restaurant Group – New Opening
Work for a dynamic and expanding restaurant group with a 2 Michelin Star Japanese chef to open up a new sushi concept in the Waterfront. You will be responsible primarily back of house controls, especially with regard to hygiene and all health and safety issues. There will also be some customer facing work which will require excellent communication and admin skills.
Skills and Experience
● Minimum of two to three years of restaurant operations experience required
● Expert knowledge of restaurant operations including food, beverage, service techniques, and guest interaction
● Proficient in Windows Microsoft Office, POS system
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Ability to lead by example and act in a professional manner always
● Ability to communicate effectively and assertively, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public
● Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
● Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
● Maintain the highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control and consistency in accordance with company’s expectations, while maintaining compliance with city, state and federal laws.
● Focus on succession management, training and, development of all Company employees
● Delegate responsibility to the management team as needed and enforce existing policies consistently
● Oversee and participate in the hiring, training, supervision management, coaching, counseling, and evaluation of all members of the company team.
● Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing and/or trade associations
● Work closes with the General Manager, Public Relations and Companying teams on plans that result in optimum recognition and maximizing number of covers for the Company
● Protect and enhance the value of all Company assets through appropriate programs in maintenance, security, housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process alongside with the General Manager
● Prepare schedules for the team along with vacation plan
● Conduct pre-shift meetings and assist team members with any inquiries
● Develop and implement operating standards, policies, and procedures to be followed by the management team
● Assign and instruct the employees in details of their work. Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary. Ensure that the performance appraisal tools are being utilized consistently and effectively.
● Operate with an open-door policy, listen to and understand requests of the team, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information
● Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained for facilitating proper restaurant operations, establish and enforce strict inventory controls, and participate in monthly inventory reconciliations in conjunction with the purchasing and finance teams
Please respond with up to date CV, and a recent photograph.
To apply please email [email protected] or click on the apply for job button below.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion. Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry