A beautiful ten-bed boutique family-owned lodge is recruiting for a Head Chef position.
Looking for a Head Chef that will contribute by creating delightful culinary experiences for our guests and empower and develop the enthusiastic team. To do this we need a vibrant, energetic and motivated team player that is keen to get involved and is able to lead a team that strives for the highest standards.
– 4-5 year boutique lodge 4/5 star experience.
– Grade 12 and a formal chef qualification – culinary diploma or higher from a recognised tertiary institution.
– Must have good knowledge around dietary and religious requirements.
– Computer literate.
– Have a thorough understanding of stock procedures, controls and weekly/monthly ordering.
– Must have in-depth knowledge of hygiene practices.
– Must be skilled communicator and be highly presentable.
– Must have a valid driver’s license.
– Must have good planning and organising skills.
– Be able to live and work at the property for 21 days on, 7 days off rotation.
– Currently a Head Chef or Snr Sous Chef
Primary objective of job:
– Ensuring excellent culinary experiences and exceptional customer service for guests.
– Overall management of the lodge kitchen and food service – including stock and cost management.
– Manage staff performance and development.
– Day-to-day operation of the kitchen.
– Food planning, preparation and service
– Menu planning and costing.
– Ensure kitchen staff are aware of upcoming dietary requirements or special events in advance.
– Food preparation and presentation.
– Effective guest interaction contributing to remarkable moments (including menu presentation and guest feedback).
– Responding to guest feedback and putting corrective action and training in place where necessary.
– Kitchen standards
– Ensuring high standards are set and met across the kitchen value chain.
– Ensuring cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen.
– Taking accountability for all kitchen equipment.
– Ensuring any maintenance issues are dealt with proactively or quickly.
– Maintain health and hygiene standards.
Management and kitchen administration:
– Cost control, stock control and weekly/monthly procurement of stock. Stock levels to be kept at adequate levels.
– Supplier relations and getting the best quality products for our guests.
– Control waste and shrinkage.
– Staff management including performance management as well as training and development.
– Reporting on kitchen operations at Management Meetings.
Please Send CV to [email protected] as well as a recent Photo of yourself