Website Hospitality Jobs Africa
Hospitality recruitment agency
Financial Manager – 4 Star Hotel – Waterfront, Cape Town
Our client, a premier 4-star hotel in the Convention Centre precinct, is looking for a Financial Manager who would be responsible for providing complete, reliable, and accurate financial information within the property within deadlines and ensuring adherence to month end timetable and year end planning.
• Grade 12
• Financial accounting qualification would be an added advantage.
• At least 5 – 7 years working experience as a financial accountant.
• Knowledge into Micros, Pastel, Opera, front office systems.
• Background experience within the hospitality space would be a plus.
• Proficiency into word, excel and PowerPoint Presentation.
• High level of integrity
• Preparing salary inputs and submitting monthly payroll information to General Manager for approval.
• Finalizing month-end trail balance and month-end packs — management report and TV Pack.
• Preparing and update pastel with Supplier invoices, Bank movement, Payments, Depreciation Journal, Pre-payments, provisions, accruals.
• Submitting all statutory returns VAT, UIF, PAYE, ROE and EMP 501 information to SARS and other statutory bodies.
• Provide guidance and support with monthly forecast and cash flow.
• Prepare monthly Balance sheet and supplier reconciliation.
• Prepare monthly stock takes, Up-keep stock files on Pastel.
• Maintaining asset register and depreciation files.
• Prepare daily revenue journal and account for in Pastel.
• Approving and verifying weekly revenue forecast before submitting to aha.
• Providing support to the General Manager on all financial and operating issues.
• Providing support on weekly cash flow and loading of approved payment.
• Prepare and review the annual budget.
• Liaison with Human resources department audits and compliances.
• Liaison with year-end statutory audits
To apply please email [email protected] or click on the apply for job button below.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion, Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry