Wine Estate in Stellenbosch Kitchen are looking for a Commis Chef to help prepare ingredients and do any task the chef needs assistance with. The care and quality a Commis Chef devote to food preparation will result in truly spectacular fare that delights our guests.
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while assisting other chefs in the kitchen;
• Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to recipes and standards;
• Assist with deliveries;
• Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings;
• Complete daily checks of all mis-en-place to ensure freshness and quality standards;
• Maintain proper rotation of products in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage;
• Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions;
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils and equipment;
• Follow kitchen procedures and service standards;
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverages.
• Culinary Diploma/Certificate;
• Preferably 1- 2 years previous experience as Commis Chef in 5-star restaurants;
• Availability to work within opening hours (e.g., evenings, public holidays, weekends);
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to maintain a professional working relationship with all departments;
• Attention to detail;
• Productivity and efficiency;
• Ability to cope under pressure;
• Flexibility and accountability.
To apply please email [email protected] or click on the apply for job button below.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion, Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry