A stunning 5* lodge group are looking for an exceptional Assistant General Manager for one of their lodges in Tanzania to assist with day to day running of the lodge.
• Higher Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management
• 3-4 years’ experience
• Computer literate
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Assist General Manager with all roles and responsibilities of the Lodge
• Assist in training and developing of staff as necessary
• Assist in maintaining the relationship with Chadewu
• Participation in lodge Opex and Capex budget management.
• Overall responsibility for Uniform Orders
• Overall responsibility for bi-yearly South Africa orders
• Overall responsibility for managing, implementing and updating the FBC to do list and edge the product.
• Participate and oversee projects and maintain relationships with suppliers where needed
• Overall responsibility for Social Media and PR related communication
• Oversee Operations and support Operation Manager and Hospitality Manager where needed and ensure guest delights and guest experience are met on a daily basis
• Participate in daily guest interaction including check-ins, room allocations etc. and oversee the functions of Housekeeping, Butlers and Kitchen
• Assist General Manager with daily administration and weekly/monthly reporting
• Liaising with Regional Support Teams
• Assist in overseeing all conservation projects on Mnemba Island and assist with relationship building of Government, Mimca, and Africa Foundation etc.
• Participate in driving Community development projects forward and ensuring regular guest exposure to this
• Assist in holding edging and strategic management meetings including departmental meetings, regional meetings etc.
• HR requirements – ensuring that procedures around performance management, annual performance appraisals etc. are maintained. As well as ensure Files and Staff contracts are maintained at all times
• Assist with IR issues and keeping discipline
• Ensure the Monthly HR Report is sent through in a timely manner