Website Hospitality Jobs Africa
Hospitality recruitment agency
Area Operation Manager – Health Food Chain – Cape Town
Ensuring Operational Excellence in all stores, this Area Manager opportunoity is an excellent starting point up the ladder with a large and widely respected Employer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (which includes but is not limited to)
• Prepare food-cost reports by gathering required information for each store, analyzing information and submitting to the National Operations Manager and Ops Exec
• Implement food-cost action plans
• Monitor expenditure of all stores under your control ensuring all budgets adhered to
• Ensure all stores are adequately staffed to deliver 100% customer service
• Ensure monthly audits of all stores in assigned areas
• Respond to and follow-up on all customer complaints in assigned areas
• Visit stores in assigned areas according to an organized work schedule
• Ensure, together with trainer, that all staff is trained on correct procedures and product
• Liaise with the Training Co-ordinator / Regional Trainer to ensure all training is correctly conducted and recorded for stores in assigned areas
• Ensure all stores practice correct food safety and sanitation procedures
Follow ups to be duly conducted for failed audits in the applicable stores, within set time-frames
• Together with Store Management and trainers, draft action plans based on audit results and ensure effective execution
• Ensure repairs and maintenance is actioned and follow-ups done for stores in assigned areas (costs to be maintained within the store’s budget)
• Directs the compliance of workers with established company policies, procedures, and standards (e.g. safekeeping of company funds and property, personnel and grievance practices, adherence to policies governing acceptance and processing of customer credit card charges etc.)
• Conduct disciplinary hearings and investigations with the assistance of HR
• Inspect premises of assigned area stores to ensure adequate security exists and that physical facilities
comply with safety and environmental codes and ordinances
• Review operational records and reports of stores in assigned areas, to project sales and determine
• Co-ordinate sales and promotional activities of stores in assigned areas, to ensure sales budgets are
• Reports as required on sales, labour, food cost and P&L performance
• Liaise with CGM’s in VA stores on a monthly to ensure relationships remain sound
• Recruit and Interview store management and trainers in line with recruitment processes and criteria and with assistance from HR
• Ensure management follows recruiting processes when recruiting staff (Crew and Cashiers)
• Manage the trainers, by conducting Performance reviews, address development areas through
relevant training, scheduling and planning of weekly/monthly tasks
• Conduct management performance reviews, identify development areas and liaise with trainer to address these areas
• Identify, plan, implement and monitor personal development (growth/career path) of trainers
• Manage and Implement overall training of store staff
• Ensure Trainers are trained on all training programmes and operational processes
• Monthly meetings with Trainers and Management
• Conduct Training needs analysis to Identify staff development areas and schedule relevant training with trainer to address these needs.
• Accountability for annual review of training stores to ensure compliance
• Accountable for “Certification” of the training store
• Conduct quarterly audit in all stores to ensure compliance
• Sign off store manager competency with trainer
• New menu training coordination
Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
Strong administration skills.
Creative and innovative.
Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
Initiative and Self-motivated.
Ideal training and coaching skills.
• Manage all Store Management, Supervisors, Assistant Store Management and Regional Trainers
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws
Relevant tertiary qualification
Three to five years related experience in similar industry; or equivalent combination of education and
To apply please email [email protected] or click on the apply for job button below.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion, Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry