Website Hospitality Jobs Africa
Hospitality recruitment agency
Area Manager – Quick Service Restaurants – Polokwane
Love the restaurant industry and keen on an opportunity to employ your strategic mindset to a broader scope of influence? APPLY NOW
Leading QSR operation has a prior role for an Area Manager, providing a link between stores and Head Office and to ensure that the brand standards and guidelines are implemented and always maintained.
- Act as a communication link between the franchisees and the franchisor.
- Ensure all stores under your control are in total compliance with the Franchise Agreement.
- Should there be a complaint in a store, a report back in writing must be sent to the Operations Executive on the actions taken at store level to ensure the complaint does not happen again.
- Advise franchisees on food costs, marketing, profitability matters as well as operations procedures including finding variances on daily, weekly, and monthly stock counts.
- Assist franchisees to identify and correct food costs that are above or below the company standard.
- Assist franchisees to identify marketing and sales opportunities.
- Providing all support required by the franchisee and Corporate Store Managers in the setup of a new store, re-vamp, re-location or sale including the following:
– Opening stock order.
– Equipment order.
– Marketing order.
– Staff levels and rosters.
– Food preparation including production lists.
– Prep sheet forecasting and completion.
– Applications of telephone lines, credit card machines, internet, vegetable suppliers and ABI contracts.
– Perform a dry run the night before the new store opens to check quality of product.
– Providing all support required for a period of no less than 7 days.
– Assist both the existing franchisees and the existing company owned stores, where and when required.
– Provide on the job training to the franchisees and the staff, when needed.
- Scout for new sites when travelling and inform management
- Assist in managing the expired Franchise and Lease Agreements.
- Be able to manage yourself.
This job description includes most of the duties, however additional duties not on this list will be necessary and can be adjusted according to employee’s potential and capabilities
- Minimum of Grade 12, with preferably 5 years’ experience within the food industry and previous experience in dealing with franchisees.
- A solid understanding of training principles.
- Sound financial understanding of gross profit and food costs.
- Have a valid CODE 8 driver’s licence.
- Travelling in this position is required.
- Working nights and weekends is also a requirement.
- Has the ability to think strategically.
- Able to cope within a pressurised environment.
- Able to give good and consistent advice.
- Be pro-active, committed, a good negotiator, able to handle conflict, well organised, an excellent communicator, a problem solver, a team player, and someone who shows initiative.
To apply for this job, click here.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion, Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.recruit360.co.za.