Website Hospitality Jobs Africa
Hospitality recruitment agency
Accountant / Stock Controller – Luxury Game Lodge – Limpopo
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and organized Accountant / Stock Controller / Accounts Clerk / Junior Bookkeeper to join our client’s team for an established Safari Lodge, the position is based in their head office, in Springs, Johannesburg. The accountant will be responsible for managing the finances of the lodge and other hotel establishments, and work closely with lodge managers to ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded and accounted for
- Salary is R25,000 – R30,000, negotiable depending on experience and references
- 21/7 work cycle
- 15 days annual leave per annum
- Provident Fund
- Accommodation (unfurnished)
- Meals while on duty
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Records all receiving Inventory into the stock system.
- Creating month end reports required by head office as per skill set.
- Reconciliation and review of supplier documents to the stock system
- Reconciliation and review of the stock issued to the company departments.
- Daily maintenance of the stock system and POS system.
- Management reports on stock movement.
- Wastage reports Implementation of cost saving measures in respect of stock.
- Fuel stock management
- Curio stock management i.e., barcodes and prices
- Stock master data maintenance
- Management of minimum par levels and order levels.
- Responsible for accurate stock counts and stock reconciliation report.
- Responsible for storeroom count.
- Reports to the Finance Manager all suspected costs causing deviations in the Hotel Operation.
- For food cost, work centres around portion control, production control, spoilage control and inventory control.
- For revenue control, centres around portion control, inventory control, control of the potential sales values and verification that tariffs are accurately maintained and correctly utilized in the stock and POS system.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned. Reasonable fitness level.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
- Working knowledge of computers and the ability to navigate within a variety of software programs such as Excel, Word and Stock system.
- Working knowledge of database programs and the ability to work with these types of programs proficiently.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree in Finance
- Valid RSA Driver’s License
- Excel Full Suit
- Experience With Stock Systems, Point of Sales System
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in accounting and stock management
- Mature and responsible
- Well spoken, well-groomed and presentable
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Positive attitude and approach toward team work
- Hands on approach towards the guest experience
- Ability takes initiative and problem solve
- Excellent guest interaction skills
- Passionate and pro-active towards personal growth and training
- Sober Habits, NO DRUGS
Take this chance to join an exceptional team dedicated to providing unparalleled big-5 and safari experiences. If you are ready for an exciting journey, we encourage you to submit your resume, along with a compelling cover letter highlighting your love for finance and accounting expertise.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion, we try by all means to respond to everyone’s application, however due to the high volume/number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Good Luck!!!
To apply for this job, click here.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please accept that your application was not successful on this occasion, Have a look at more of our available jobs in the Hospitality and Catering industry.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.recruit360.co.za.