Human Resources Manager Job Description
Human Resources Manager Job Description
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Reports to: Proprietor, General Manager, Senior Management
Responsible for: All employees of the Property in liaison with HODs
- To regularly review HR Service level agreement adapting this service in line with the needs of the business and our colleagues.
- To create a climate where managers can freely consult with you.
- To support Managers and HODs in the delivery of training as required
- To coach and develop HOD’s to be self sufficient in the performance management of their teams.
- Contribute to budget process
- To contribute towards the training & development plan in line with the Hotel’s business plan, ensuring compliance with statutory training requirements.
- Be the first point of contact for performance related issues for the hotel management team.
- To oversee and assist with the appropriate use of the company disciplinary and grievance procedures to ensure a fair and consistent process. To assist with the company appeals procedure as required.
- Ensure terms & conditions of employment are understood by all colleague and are observed throughout their employment.
- Take responsibility for personal self-development.
- To keep abreast of competitor activity that may have an impact on our business
- Develop and maintain relationships with education establishment and external organisations
- Facilitate the setting and achievement of the effective manpower plans for each department
- To ensure pay reviews are in line with company guidelines
- Ensure the HR Function operates efficiently and cost effectively
- Provide advice to Line Managers on all aspects of manpower planning
- Ensure the Hotel Brand and People standards are adhered to consistently.
- Carry out exit interviews with HODs or Management
- Carry out Training Needs Analysis based on Job Descriptions, Feedback, Management Feedback and Comment Card Feedback
- Compile quarterly training plan
- Publicize & promote training & development to all employees
- Book training rooms when needed
- Ensure training zone is utilized to maximum capacity and stocked with necessary resources
- Deliver all in-house training
- Drive attendance at all courses
- Coordinate all training documentation: course objectives, training records etc.
- Coordinate training budget based on the required percentage of annual payroll given by Financial Controller
- Deliver orientation and coordinate all new starters
- Assist in identifying appropriate courses for Managers and employees to attend
- Responsible for all internships and work experience
Recruitment & Selection
- Deal with incoming recruitment requisitions
- Liaising with preferred supplier hospitality recruitment agencies
- Assist with recruitment advertising
- Update all on-line recruitment sources on a regular bases
- Interview Candidates & complete appropriate documentation
- Carry out reference checks when required
- Issue written regrets to unsuccessful candidates
- Issue offers of employment and contracts to successful Candidates
- Coordinate start date to coincide with Orientation
- Coordinate all employee social events
- Drive monthly departmental meetings
- Manager staff lockers
- Manage staff name badges
- Manage staff uniform issue & return
- Update HR Alerts & all other on-line recruitment advertising
- Check and record clock cards on all employees. Record and assist in maintaining time management on our clock card system liaise with HODs
- Assist in managing employee absenteeism and turnover
- Monitor and record employee Holidays and Bank Holidays
- To conduct bimonthly 1:1 meetings with the Management Team and HODs
- Prepare end of month reports on absenteeism, turnover
- Prepare holiday provisions report
- Departmental meetings
- Update employee telephone list
- Coordinate and Record and maintain Appraisal Forms for all employees
- To ensure you follow items and paperwork regarding the Quality Employer Programme
- Prepare annual HR budget & Calendar of activities
- Prepare annual training needs analysis and training plan
Employees Signature: Date
Signature on behalf of Company: Date