Hotel Revenue Manager Job Description
Hotel Revenue Manager Job Description
Title: Hotel Revenue Manager Job
Responsible to: General Manager / Hotel Group Operations Manager
Responsible for: Reservations Agent / Sales & Marketing Administrator
Main Purpose of the Hotel Revenue Job:
To assist in the delivery of Hotel revenue and profit growth by maximising revenue
for both rooms and conference & banqueting. This will be done through effective
pricing strategies, implementation of achievable revenue plans and production of
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximise room revenue through both average room rate and occupancy percentage through efficient Revenue Management processes.
- Maintain all pricing within Opera PMS and third party distribution channels.
- Ensure that price parity is maintained through all third party distribution channels.
- Utilise stay through and minimum stay parameters to maximise room revenue.
- Use of effective chase systems to maximise room and Conference & Banqueting revenue.
- Minimise the number of unconfirmed reservations and tentative C&E bookings to maximise revenue.
Pricing & Positioning
- Ensure correct rate positioning is achieved across all market segments for both rooms and C&E.
- Ensure Accommodation Selling Strategies are updated to the required criteria.
- Compile and communicate clear and concise pricing policies for all current pricing and packages.
- Monitor price sensitivity via hotel turnaways and implement appropriate actions.
- Complete regular analysis of competitor rates in all segments for both rooms and C&E.
- Apply the Hotel Credit Policy and operate within the parameters at all times.
- Ensure that all incoming enquiries are handled in an efficient, courteous and friendly manner as per the standard agreed.
- Ensure that all customer enquiries and requests are responded to and actioned within the time parameters as per the standard agreed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with both existing and prospective third party distribution and agent accounts.
- Ensure the daily briefing sheets / updates are available to all Hotel departments to assist in the delivery of excellent customer service to both hotel residents and meeting attendees.
- In conjunction with the Sales & Marketing Manager, ensure all client specific rates are loaded and attached to client profiles.
- Ensure all sales leads are forwarded to the Sales & Marketing Manager for action.
- Ensure effective chase systems are implemented and maintained for all groups / tour / C&E business to maximise revenue.
- To be a key member of the Hotel Business Planning Team and assist in the completion of the Hotel budgets, with responsibility for the revenue budgets for both accommodation and room hire..
- Complete and monitor the monthly forecasts for accommodation and C&E.
- Complete monthly group forecasts for distribution to all Hotel departments.
- To be constantly aware of all competitor developments and pricing and communicate accordingly to all appropriate departments.
- Keep an up to date knowledge of the marketplace / demand generators;
– Companies leaving or entering the market.
– Special projects
– City events / festivals.
– National events.
Revenue Analysis & Tracking
- Complete the Revenue Analysis Report on a daily basis and communicate to relevant personnel.
- Complete Monthly Account Production Statistics for corporate, FIT partners and third party distribution partners.
- Complete month end commentary on accommodation revenue and segmentation, geographical statistics, market share, room hire and distribution accounts for inclusion in the Hotel Monthly Management Report.
- Analyse reservations entered on a daily basis to check rates sold and quality of reservations.
- To reflect and enhance the Hotel’s Mission Statement and Objectives in all activities.
- To attend Meetings as required by Management.
- Ensure that all requests and correspondence from colleagues and Management are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health & safety of yourself, your colleagues, customers and other persons on the premises.
- To participate in fire drills and any other health & safety training as required by the Company and the Law.
- To attend all training courses as notified to you by Management.
- To assist in training other members of staff as required.
- To work with Management and colleagues to continuously improve hotel standards, efficiency, customer service and knowledge of your own function.
- To carry out Duty Manager shifts as required.
- To carry out any other duties as may be notified by Management.
- Recruitment and selection with hospitality recruitment agencies for own department
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and may be added to in the future depending on the needs of the business.
I have received the above Hotel Revenue Manager Job Description and have a clear understanding of my job responsibilities:
Signed: __________________________ Date: _______________