Hotel Receptionist Job Description
Job Title: Hotel Receptionist Job
Our extensive selection of job descriptions are designed to assist employers and hospitality recruitment agencies with the placement of hospitality staff across the board. They are not exhaustive, but do offer a good guideline for hospitality recruiters South Africa
Job description: to ensure that guests receive a warm welcome and are looked after during their stay. To ensure the smooth and efficient running of reception, including preparation of bills, reservations and telephone call handling.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Front Office Manager and Head Receptionist
- To take control of your shift once coming on duty, as senior you are responsible for all tasks to be completed during your shift.
- To ensure all guests coming to the reception desk are welcomed with a smile and in a friendly, prompt and efficient manner.
- To check in/out guests efficiently following correct procedures.
- To carry out tasks effectively using computerized system, to inform guests of any additional services available within the village in order to maximize sales (e.g. offer to make reservation in restaurant).
- To ensure all charges are posted correctly to room bills.
- To answer telephone quickly and deal with caller in a warm and welcoming manner. Transfer to the appropriate person/ department without delay.
- To correctly take messages for guests and staff, ensuring that time, date, message, from/to are initialed and noted.
- To ensure that relevant people get messages immediately.
- Dealing with guest requests/queries/complaints in a polite attentive manner and reporting any problems to the duty manager
- Balancing cash at the end of shift.
- Managing reception floats and ordering bank charges as necessary. Ensure all monies are kept secure at all times.
Find our hotel jobs here