Hotel Duty Manager Job Description
Job Title: Hotel Duty Manager Job
Below is an example for a job description for a Duty Manager.
The duty manager reports into the relevant department heads on any particular shift. He or she is the liaison between all departments, namely: Food and Beverage, Accommodation, and Front of House. The duty manager needs to have an overall understanding of all of the above in order to be able to fill in as required for any staff member who is not available for duty.
1. Providing a visible management presence while on duty.
2. Ensuring each department is prepared and staffed for each shift.
3. Dealing with sales enquires in absence of sales department.
4. Running of weddings, functions & conferences during each shift.
5. Monitor health and safety throughout the hotel.
• Overlooking day-to-day operation of the whole facility
• Communicating with customers (handling complaints, collecting ideas on improving the operation, providing information, selling facilities, checking premises, reporting any damages and breakdowns and checking if repairs have been completed)
• Communicating with employees (problem solving, distributing work duties, providing all means to get the work done)
• Assisting other heads of departments with their work
• Reporting to the general manager
If you enjoyed our article hotel duty manager job description, check out all or our other hospitality recruitment job description