FIELD GUIDE JOB DESCRIPTION
The Field Guide Job reports to the Head Game Ranger
As a Field guide, you are the primary interface between the Lodge and their guests. You are expected to conduct yourself in a manner appropriate with the decorum of the Lodge.
Find Lodge Jobs for you
You will be required to manage the guests expectation of indulgence.
You will be required to educate guests on all flora, fauna and geology of the area such that they are enriched by their game drive experience.
1. Ensure game vehicle is checked and prepared for guests prior to each game drive.
b. Hot box – for morning game drives
c. Cooler box – for afternoon game drives
d. Ensure guests drinks requirements are noted and packed
2. Ensure game vehicle is maintained.
3. Be aware of safety and emergency procedures as well as handling of tools and equipment,
including dangerous chemicals.
4. Assist where required with tasks to ensure responsible veld management: includes but not
a. Upkeep and maintenance of roads within the concession
b. Removal of alien vegetation
c. Erosion control
d. Bush clearing
5. Learn and understand the different game drive options on the concession and the history of the area and the local Parks/Reserves.
6. Practice responsible off-road driving whilst on game drives with guests.
7. Understand the radio communication procedures followed at the property
8. Provide appropriate information to guests in respect of what game / birds are sighted.
9. Assist with the checking in and out of guests allocated to you.
10. Interact with and assist guests with queries during their stay.
11. Accurate recording of drinks issued and used per game drive.
12. Provide additional assistance, where and when necessary, to ensure the department is run efficiently and effectively.
13. Exercise due care at all times.
Also see our Game Ranger Job Description