Commis Chef Job Description
COMMIS CHEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Commis Chef Job
Reports to: The Commis Chef is responsible to the Head Chef and Sous Chef.
Purpose: To skillfully produce a variety of food dishes to a high standard of preparation,
production and presentation, working to costed recipes. Duties may vary between
College term and vacation periods.
Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Under the direction of the Head Chef, prepare and produce food as directed using modern
methods, equipment, fresh food and convenience food commodities, including the production
of fast foods and unusual dishes.
2. Ensure that all food cooked and served is of a high quality.
3. Ensure that all food is served at a safe and appropriate temperature using probes where
necessary and to record same.
4. Maintain sufficient stock levels of all food.
5. Ensure that all areas in the kitchen are kept clean and tidy at all times. To assist in clearing,
cleaning, washing within the kitchen, including in-depth cleaning, using any approved
specialized products and methods laid down.
6. Use of a high level of cooking skills in the production of new food dishes using modern food
technology and methods.
7. To undergo training in both formal courses and on-the-job to develop cooking and kitchen
8. To maintain legal hygiene and safety requirements for food and equipment with particular
responsibilities as laid down and agreed with the Head Chef and carry out training of
subordinates where appropriate.
9. To ensure unit security is a priority and to be responsible for total locking up of same.
10. To aid stock taking within the total Kitchen Department in conjunction with the Head Chef.
11. Undertake any other reasonable duties from time to time requested by the Head Chef
Check out our exciting chef vacancies