BAR MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: BAR MANAGER JOB
RESPONSIBLE TO: F&B Manager
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE BAR MANAGER JOB:
- To direct, control and organise all staff, within your direct span of control, including the Assistant Bar Manager, ensuring customer requirements are satisfied.
- To assume overall responsibility for the running of the Bar.
- To attend weekly HOD meetings.
- To carry out Duty Management shifts as required.
- To maintain an open and accurate channel of communication with the entire Management Team.
- To implement, control & review all procedures relating to stock control, cash handling, EPOS, purchasing and stock & waste disposal as relevant to the bar dept.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quality of Service:
To satisfy all customer requirements by ensuring that the service is constantly maintained at a consistently high standard with particular focus on regular clientele in the Public Bar
To maintain and/or implement new efficient and effective work methods and systems.
To prepare and issue, according to bar practice, staff rosters which will provide adequate cover in the most effective manner.
To carry out ordering of supplies as and when necessary.
To carry out accurate cash-up procedures at end of night.
To liaise with HODs of Kitchen and other Departments regarding procedures, service, etc.
To be informed and aware of all relevant legislation regarding service of liquor, the sale of tobacco, opening hours, etc.
To be responsible for ensuring that security procedures are adhered to throughout the hotel.
To communicate regularly and efficiently with Assistant Bar Manager and HODs
To constantly strive to improve the standards of hygiene and service throughout the bar.
To practice economy and to minimise any incorrect usage of any resources with particular attention given to achieving G.P %/Labour % and minimising variable expenses.
To regularly price check all beverage items bought for the operation, to ensure that we are buying at the best prices available.
To ensure all deliveries are checked in correctly and that all relevant delivery dockets/ invoices are correct.
To ensure that all services delivered within the bar operation are being charged for correctly by
To continually monitor three beverage stock items per week, and communicate any shortages to the General Manager.
- To hold regular departmental meetings.
- To direct, control and organise the assistant bar manager and all staff within your direct span of control and to ensure that the required standards are achieved and maintained.
- To advise staff of unavailability, composition of dishes, information relation to drinks, wines, etc., and any other relevant information in order to ensure the efficient operation of the Bar.
- To set good example for the staff with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude and hygiene.
- To liase with the Human Resources Manager regarding recruitment needs, to review all CVs sent in by the Hospitality Recruitment Agency and to carry out interviews as required.
- To train new staff in methods and procedures.
- To implement Grievance and Disciplinary procedures where necessary, and report all serious breaches of discipline to Operations Manager, General Manager.
- To promote and practice relevant health and safety and fire safety standards.
- To provide induction training for new staff, and complete Skills Checklists within their first month of employment.
- To assess training needs and provide relevant training.
To practice high standards of personal hygiene at all times in terms of grooming and uniform.
To maintain the required standards of operational hygiene according to the cleaning rotas at all times.
To display total loyalty to the management of the Hotel in the day-to-day performance of your role.
- To maintain a harmonious work relationship between yourself, your assistant staff and customers.
- To provide all staff with a thorough understanding of their jobs and standards of performance and to clarify duties and responsibilities.
- To communicate a positive attitude, sincere interest, and to interact in a positive way with management and staff alike.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as may be notified to you by the Senior Management above.
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.
I confirm that I have read and agreed this job description and that I fully understand the duties and responsibilities attached to my job.
Signed: _______________________________ Job Holder Date: __________
Signed: _______________________________ H.O.D. Date: __________