Travel Consultant Job, Cape Town
Hospitality Jobs Africa are looking for an Intermediate Travel Consultant and a Senior Travel Consultant for a luxury safari Tour Operator based in Cape Town.
Skills and Requirements for these positions:
Intermediate Travel Consultant vacancies must possess:
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales role as an travel consultant for an African inbound tour operator
- In-depth knowledge of Southern African safari/luxury holiday destinations, including South Africa and surrounding destinations in Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, etc
Senior Travel Consultant vacancies must possess:
- 5 or more years of experience in a sales role as a Senior Travel Consultant for a African inbound tour operator
- In-depth knowledge of Southern and East African safari/luxury holiday destinations, including South Africa and surrounding destinations in Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, etc
- Equivalent knowledge of further regions of East Africa, Madagascar, Tanzania and Kenya
- You have advanced knowledge of the Airline/Amadeus fares and ticketing platform
- You have 1-2 years of experience in corporate & leisure travel –
- You hold a relevant travel & tourism diploma or degree
- You are highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- You have the ability to work through clients’ technical issues
- You are solutions orientated with a keen eye for detail
- Attending to all client travel requirements, which will include providing expert advice on travel products, as well as catering to client preferences
- Communicating all information pertaining to client bookings (luggage allowances and travel insurance etc.)
- Confirming reservations on behalf of clients and checking that external supplier confirmations and invoices are correct
- Making sure that payments are received before issuing documents and issuing air tickets within required ticket time limits
- Providing clients with comprehensive e-itineraries
- Keeping clients well-informed of any situations that may affect their travels
- Cancelling unwanted travel services before departure and following through on refund applications from start to finish
- Obtaining ad-hoc feedback from clients in order to increase service levels
- Assisting sales consultants in closing sales
As this position is available immediately, we can only consider candidates residing in the Cape Town area. Please note that we can only consider applications from South African citizens.
- Carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town, the world’s most beautiful city
- Get subsidized meals, coffees (and anything in between) from our own chefs and baristas at the Rhino Cafe
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage open and direct communication and honest feedback
Who are We
Hospitality Jobs Africa are recruitment specialists for the hospitality industry. Established in 2008, we are a small group of recruitment consultants who are all specialists in our particular fields. We have collective backgrounds in retail management, hospitality, kitchen and chef consulting and have degrees in human resources and personnel recruitment.
Our focus is on the 4/5* luxury hotel, lodge and resort market, together with fine dining restaurants.
We place South African candidates in positions around the world – most of whom have both national and international hospitality experience at the 4/5* level.
Hospitality Jobs Africa’s clients are from the luxury hospitality and retail industries and are located nationally – Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town plus surrounding African Countries such as Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Botswana, Ghana, Tanzania and Zambia. We also have clients in the Middle East : Dubai, Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait.