Hospitality Jobs Africa – Executive Chef Job, Lusaka – Convention Centre
Hospitality Jobs Africa are looking for an Executive Chef, Convention Centre (2 restaurants) – Reporting To General Manager
Salary $1500 per month – 3 year contract (salary package in more detail below)
1. The Executive Chef will plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
2. Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
3. Estimate food requirements and food/ labor costs
4. The Executive Chef will supervise kitchen staffs activities
5. Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
6. Recruit and manage kitchen staff
7. Rectify arising problems or complaints
8. Give prepared plates the final touch
9. Perform administrative duties
10. Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
11. Constantly check time sheet records for payroll records
12. Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers’ requirements
13. Proven working experience as a head chef/Excellent record of kitchen management
14. Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
15. Capable of delegating multiple tasks
16. Communication and leadership skills
17. Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
18. Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
19. Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
20. Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
21. Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
22. Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
23. Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
24. Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
25. Prepare and cook foods of all types (continental/ Asian/ African/Fusion etc.), either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
26. Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- $1500 salary
- Standard company single accommodation & furniture provided
- Medical aid
- Cell phone
- 24 days annual leave
- 1 air ticket back to country of origin per year
- Visa and permits paid for by the company
- 3 year contract